PUBLIC NOTICE FOR VACANCIES UNDER DHA DIRECT HIRE AUTHORITY #6 (DHA) FOR CERTAIN DoD WORKFORCE PERSONNEL
Public notice number: PEOAVN-DHA-1109-22-0067
Opening and closing dates: July 21, 2022 to July 28, 2022 (11:59 p.m. CT)
Position Title : OPERATIONAL RESEARCH ANALYST. Multiple positions can be filled using this public notice
To note: NH-1515-03
Full performance level: NH-03
Service location: U.S. Army Acquisition Support Center, Program Executive Office Office, Aviation (PEO AVN), Redstone Arsenal, Alabama
Wage scale: $82,266 – $127,170
Work timetable: Full time
Type of appointment: Permanent
Start date: On or around September 25, 2022
Move: Relocation Expenses (PCS) may be authorized (subject to available budget) if the Selector determines that relocation is in the best interest of the government. Recruitment or relocation inducements may be permitted in accordance with agency policy.
Travel requirement: Up to 25% temporary travel required
Who can apply: United States citizens, nationals, or those who owe allegiance to the United States.
Basic qualification requirement:
In addition to meeting the specialist experience qualifications below, your application package must reflect the applicable experience to meet the individual career requirements for the 1515 series, as listed below.
Education: Diploma in Operations Research; or at least 24 semester hours in a combination of courses in operations research, mathematics, probability, statistics, mathematical logic, science, or subjects requiring substantial proficiency in college-level mathematics or statistics. At least 3 of the 24 hours of the semester must have been in calculus.
REMARK: If you do not provide transcripts, you will be considered ineligible for this position.
Specialized experience: One year of specialized experience including review of operational documents, specifications, logistics support requirements and other project data provided by functional specialists; Analyze mission requirements to determine cost parameters, specific cost drivers and relationships to use in building cost models; Design the cost estimate, plan and construct the mathematical models necessary to calculate and evaluate the variables and relationships affecting the life cycle cost for the research and development, investment and operation phases of equipment/systems of weapons.
This definition of specialized experience is typical of work performed at the next lower rank/level position in the Federal Service (GS-13). Some federal jobs allow you to substitute your education for the experience required to qualify. For this job, you must meet the qualification requirement using experience only – no substitution of education for experience is allowed.
1. Develop life cycle cost estimates.
2. Reviews operational documents, specifications, logistics support requirements and other project data provided by functional specialists.
3. Analyzes mission requirements to determine cost parameters, specific cost drivers, and relationships to use in constructing cost models.
4. Design a cost estimation plan and build mathematical models necessary to calculate and evaluate the variables and relationships affecting the life cycle cost for the research and development, investment and operation phases of equipment /weapon systems.
5. Continually refines and adjusts models in response to changes in technical specifications, support requirements, design alternatives, engineering, and operational compromise proposals.
6. Maintains all required automated and paper records of models, techniques and data developed.
7. Prepares a variety of regular and ad-hoc reports on cost estimates and profitability of an overall program or specific aspects of the program, including independent government cost estimates on contractor proposals, risk analyzes and compromise and other similar studies.
8. Justifies cost estimating approaches for PM/PEO reports and above.
9. Evaluates contractor cost reports to determine technical adequacy and compliance with requirements.
10. Identifies deficient areas, makes recommendations for necessary corrective actions. Participates in the development of program cost estimating policies and procedures.
11. Interprets higher level directives, regulations and policies to apply to program requirements.
12. Make recommendations to PM, PEO or higher level specialists on clarification of guidelines and policies.
13. Provides expert advice and technical assistance to functional specialists to identify and assess program cost drivers and cost impact on program alternatives.
14. Participates in meetings and conferences to keep abreast of cost estimating techniques.
Conditions of employment:
1) Must meet federal employability
2) Will be required to provide proof of US citizenship
3) Must be able to obtain/maintain a secret security clearance
4) May be required to complete a 2 year trial period
5) This position is an Army Acquisition, Logistics and Technology position. The selected individual will be required to meet the position requirements for certification at the Practitioner level within 60 months of entering service.
6) This position has a temporary duty duty (TDY) or business travel requirement of 25% of the time.
7) This is an army acquisition, logistics and technology position. The selected individual must meet the job requirements for Business – Financial Management certification within 60 months of entering service.
8) Must obtain DoD Level 2 Financial Management Certification (FMC02).
1) Male applicants born after December 31, 1959 must complete a Pre-Employment Certification Statement for Selective Service Registration
2) This is a Career Program (CP) 11 position
3) Salary includes applicable local salary or local market supplement
4) Payroll direct deposit is required
How to register:
Please send an e-mail to: email@example.com containing the following:
• The resume should include your first and last name, current address, current email address, current phone number, job title, employer, duties and accomplishments; as well as hours worked per week and dates of employment
• Transcripts that include the date your degree was conferred. Unofficial transcripts are acceptable for application purposes, but official transcripts will be required if selected. Diplomas are NOT acceptable proof of graduation.
Please submit all documents in PDF or Word format, preferably (not required) saved as follows:
“Last Name, First Initial – Document Type”, i.e. “Doe, J – CV”
Applications will be accepted until 11:59 p.m. CT on July 28, 2022.
Please note: Applications received after the closing date, which do not contain the requirements and CVs which do not contain all the required information or which are submitted in unreadable formats, will not be considered.
PEOAVN-DHA-1109-22-0067 – ORSA NH-1515-03 (AMSA).pdf [PDF – 202.6 KB]