Senior Business Analyst
Reports to: Chief Information Officer
Based in the London office, the Senior Business Analyst works with peermusic office users, developers and partners to specify and deliver process and system changes and lead projects, with the aim of improving efficiency and the effectiveness of peermusic’s business operations and services. we provide to our customers.
peermusic is the world’s largest independent music publishing and related rights administration company, operating from 38 offices in 31 countries.
The Global Tech team develops and maintains the core applications and websites that allow peermusic’s administration teams to manage over a million copyrights and process hundreds of millions of royalty statement lines for tens of thousands of customers around the world. The Senior Business Analyst role works between these two teams.
The Senior Business Analyst role is new and will suit someone who enjoys working with a wide variety of people and processes, and is passionate about bringing clarity and coordination to drive tangible improvements to business processes. ‘business.
- Analyze and document business processes across peermusic’s various departments and offices and identify opportunities for alignment, streamlining or improvement. Lead the design and implementation of changes to operations/processes. Facilitate the development of operational procedures and policies.
- Collect and manage system development requirements from users, liaise between users and developers to support preparation of system specifications and ensure new/modified systems will meet business needs. Perform initial user acceptance testing.
- Manage the delivery of new system features. Lead regular meetings between business management and developers to facilitate business prioritization and approvals and track delivery progress. Monitor risks and manage issues.
- Manage the delivery of business projects, such as the preparation and launch of new services, or the integration of new companies or data partners.
- Act as a subject matter expert for peermusic’s IRIS copyright and royalty system. Perform basic system administration. Provide training and guidance to users regarding system functionality and best practices.
- Become a subject matter expert in the use of industry data standards, such as CWR, CAF and DDEX, monitoring developments and implications for peermusic systems/processes.
- Music Industry: Knowledge and experience of the music industry, particularly the publishing sector, is highly desirable.
- Business Process Mapping: Able to elucidate, map, analyze and document existing processes using common tools (e.g. Confluence/Lucid/Visio/Gliffy) and design improved processes. Experience with major process mapping standards (e.g. UML/BPMN) is
- Engineering and Requirements Management: Able to obtain process/system requirements from users, document them using appropriate tools and formats, and ensure they are translated into technical designs and outputs.
- Systems Analysis: Able to understand and describe how systems relate to each other, including defining integration specifications.
- Experience defining/documenting APIs is desirable.
- Software Testing: Familiar with basic software testing methods and best practices, able to support developers and users in preparing test cases and data.
- Project Management: Able to define and agree on a scope of work, a distribution of tasks and a delivery plan, and to manage the work of a team against a plan. Knowledge/certification of major project management standards is an advantage (e.g. PRINCE2, PMBOK, PMP). Experience with any Agile method is desirable.
- Data Analysis and Manipulation: Able to work with a variety of data formats (e.g. XML, JSON, CSV TSV, etc.) and perform basic analysis/manipulation. The ability to query and manipulate data in relational databases (i.e. SQL) is highly desirable.
- Data Standards: Experience working with CISAC and/or DDEX data standards is desirable.
- Microsoft Office Suite: A good command, especially of Excel, is essential.
- Reporting/BI tools: Experience using reporting/BI tools to query data and prepare analytical reports is desirable.
- Languages: In addition to English, fluency in other languages is highly desirable, especially Spanish.
- Good communicator; able to understand and interpret users around the world and explain complex things in a friendly way. Strong verbal and written communication, and good presentation skills.
- Leadership; takes initiative, can manage opposing points of view, engages and motivates others, facilitates an outcome.
- Attention to detail ; thorough, gets to the bottom of an issue, pays attention to detail and ensures high quality.
- Reliable; does what it says it will do, when it says it will.
- Customer oriented; responsive, supportive, consultative.
- Flexible; able to multi-task and balance work across multiple projects, accommodates working hours for international users as needed.
- Strong work ethic; not shy about a challenge, willing to engage in low-level “doing” tasks as well as high-level “leading” tasks.
- Learner; can absorb knowledge, research problems, learn new skills and apply them to own work and the work of others.
- Based out of peermusic’s London office in Richmond with the option to work from home 2-3 days/week.
- Flexibility required to organize or join meetings/calls with colleagues in different countries/time zones at early or late hours.
- Ability to move to other peermusic offices.
For consideration, please send resume with cover letter to [email protected]