The Data Analyst will be responsible for preparing reports and ad hoc data requests to support the assessment and measurement of museum performance metrics. The person in this role will help design and modify dashboards using Power BI and other reporting tools under the guidance of the Database Manager.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Maximize understanding of the organization of the data we collect by regularly analyzing various parameters
• Produce weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual reports and analysis for senior product executives, using clear and creative data presentation skills. PowerBI or other analysis tools can be used.
• Design and build automated solutions for business intelligence and reporting dashboards
• Identify and analyze trends, patterns and changes in Museum visitor behavior, both independently and in collaboration with various departments
• Perform complex ad-hoc queries and analyzes that combine multiple tools and data sources and types, including analyzes for various departments as needed
• Serve as a resource for the department regarding the implementation and analysis of analyzes
• Provide support and training in the use of reports prepared in the systems
• Work closely with the Database Manager to establish reporting processes and documentation
• Manage the flow of data requests to ensure all appropriate information is provided and in a timely manner. Set appropriate deadlines for completion of this information and communicate deadlines to end users
• Develop and maintain reports using NetSuite, Salesforce and Ticketure as well as PowerBI and Microsoft Excel and other tools as required
• Perform or coordinate data mining of database for historical data insights as needed or requested
• Other duties may be assigned
To perform the job successfully, a person must demonstrate the following skills:
• Experience and/or deep interest in nonprofit analytics and processes, particularly as they relate to attendance trends, fundraising, marketing, systems analysis, and/or quality assurance
• Familiarity with database structure and querying Salesforce and Ticketure
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office with advanced skills in Excel
• Mastery of PowerBI
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills
• Ability to handle multiple requests simultaneously with a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail
• Work both independently and collaboratively to produce quality reports
• Ability to prioritize requests to meet deadlines
• Demonstrate excellent written and oral communication skills with the ability to work with technical and non-technical users
To perform this job successfully, a person must be able to perform each essential task satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable people with disabilities to perform essential functions.
Training and experience:
Bachelor’s degree in data science, mathematics, or statistics from a four-year college or university; two to five years of related experience and/or training; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures or government regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, clients and the general public.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference and volume. Ability to apply basic algebra and geometry concepts.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where there is only limited standardization. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions provided in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
Certificates and Licenses:
No certification required
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters in performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable people with disabilities to perform essential functions.
The noise level in the working environment is generally moderate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable people with disabilities to perform essential functions.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. In the performance of the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to speak or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walking; sit; using the hands to finger, manipulate or feel and reach with the hands and arms. The employee must sometimes climb or balance and stoop, kneel, squat or crawl.