An innovative financial institution is seeking a strategically minded Business Analyst with strong leadership and 3-7 years of experience in a similar role to join their team. Your role will be to guide the critical evaluation of new and existing software/application solutions by performing ongoing business and industry research, identifying risks and managing teams, expectations and processes, solutions and operational changes. The successful incumbent should have a tertiary qualification in IT, project management (methodology specific), have in-depth knowledge of banking and IT standards and governance, testing practices and ideally have experience with Postilion, Proview/Splunk , UML, Business Process Modeling (BPM) – EA and Visio.
- Ongoing business and industry research to guide critical evaluation of new and existing software/application solutions.
- Undertake an impact analysis specific to the solution and its changes, within the solution and affected peer systems.
- Identification of risks, issues and decisions needed to support project deliverables and scope. This also includes understanding project management principles (Prince2).
- Understanding and conceptualizing GIS/Reporting requirements and needs from the solution.
- Leadership skills including managing teams, expectations and processes, solutions and operational change.
- A relevant tertiary qualification in Information Technology.
- Must have proven experience as a Business Analyst (BA), at least 3-7 years in the environment.
- Project management skills (specific to the methodology).
Must have detailed knowledge of:
- Banking and IT standards and governance.
- Testing practices and methodology.
- A valid driver’s license and personal vehicle are required.
- Reachable via own mobile phone.
Detailed knowledge of:
- Agile development life cycle.
- Device Monitoring – Proview or Splunk is used.
- Cash life cycle – Cash planning reconciliation experience.
- Postilion Realtime – Knowledge of transaction switching.
- Postillon Office – Back-office processes and reporting.
- Knowledge of UML and Business Process Modeling (BPM) – EA and Visio.
- Communication skills.
- Conflict management.
- Planning, organization and coordination skills.
- Adapt and respond to change.
- Deliver results and meet customer expectations.
- Learning and research.
- Persuade and influence.
- Present and communicate information.
- Work with people.
Although we would really like to respond to every application, if you are not contacted for this position within 10 working days, please consider your application unsuccessful.
When applying for a job, make sure you meet the minimum job requirements. OnlySouth African citizens will be considered for this role. If you are not at the stated location of any of the jobs, please note your relocation plans in all job applications and correspondence. Please email a word copy of your CV to [Email Address Removed] and mention the reference numbers of the works. We have a job listing on [URL Removed] Datafin IT Recruitment – Jobs in Cape Town.
Find out more/Apply to this position